Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it's MY life!!!

Well here I am getting into the new routines of school and other activities.  This year I purposefully did not enroll my kids in tons of activites outside school.  My older girl is soo tired at the end of the school day. She has been staying for lunch as well which gies her time to spend with friends. She is physically growing which has resulted in new shoes and clothes.

We took in Mamma Mia this past weekend, which was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. I had previously seen it in Las Vegas (it was much better) and knew they would really like it with the music and all.

My hubby has been busy with curling, taking a course for insurance and of course running.

We watched a documentary of Terry Fox called "Into The Wind", which was soo inspiring and brings back memories of childhood.

Speaking of childhood, I am often amazed at how small town Winnipeg is.  My hubby was talking with a friend of ours and she told us she was a friend of Candice Derksen.  My hubby was stunned...
We all grew up with the story of her and how truly tragic her death was.  She noted that kids at school were horribly mean when she disappeared. 

It brought back memories of a girl in my third grade, who died in a housefire and how one of the girls in my class said she was "glad she was dead".  I never looked the same at that girl again. She wasn't a friend of mine.

Today I have to go for lunch with my mother.  Kind of dreading it.  I have been keeping away from all the family crap as it is too negative for me.  Like usual I will feel like I need therapy for weeks after.  My kids and their happiness is what is most important for me.  I make no apologies for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment