Well this week I began it feeling really bad for a family and the turmoil of break up. One of my big girl's friend has parents that are separating. She came to school the other day crying after getting off the bus and I felt really bad for her. I just cannot imagine what a five year old thinks and how they would deal with something like that. I guess I realize that how truly sensitive I am to these things. I guess now in hindsight there were small signs. I have told the mom that if she needs to talk I am there. I guess she is dealing with it.
I made a point of going to see my dad this week to see how he was doing and preferred to do it by myself. He is doing really well and it is quite odvious that this is the safest place for him and get the best care. He has Alzheimers, Parkinsons and diabetes to boot. You don't really notice he is really sick until he says that someone beats him up behind the shed outside.
It is turning out to be a busy week with preparations for big girl's birthday bash with her friends tomorrow at the Children's Museum. It should be great fun. Made yummy cupcakes from a family chocolate cake recipe for family party on Sunday. Lets hope icing them is a piece of cake. Ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment