As all Winnipeggers are experiencing this summer, where is summer? It is almost half over and we have not spent many days at the beach this year or outside enjoying the hot weather. My husband was off for the past two weeks and it was really cold and rainy. Here I was really worried when nursery school ended as to what I was going to do with my girls this summer. We have tried to make the most of our time by doing things even if it means going to the Forks or the Pan Am pool. Next week finally with some warmer weather (hopefully!) my girls are in summer camp at their nursery school and I know they need it.
We are planning to make our way to Twin Cities in August for a few days with my sister and her kids so that is something to look forward to as well.
This week I ran into someone I used to run with 6 years ago, Marilyn Fraser. I felt all emotional inside as she was my instructor in the "Womens Only Learn to Run". A couple of years ago, I heard that she had cancer. Well things sounded really bad for a while with feeding tubes, etc. We went to the 20 minute challenge at the Running Room at Kenaston and here she pops up and is doing really well and looks great.
I am toying with the idea of doing it again, however I am not in the same place I was when I did it last. Marilyn asked me to be a group leader as well, but I am not sure I can do it and it adds more pressure for me. I guess we will have to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment