Today, I was thinking about how certain things, evoke certain memories such as a really nice red wine. To me that smell brings back memories of swaying fragrant eucalyptus trees and the vineyards in the warm breeze in the Hunter Valley of Australia. Another smell that evokes a memory is plumeria. The smell is so intoxicating and add a beach with an amazing view of another Hawaiian island as the sunset. In our city, we don't really have smells that evoke memories except for maybe lilacs or other flowering plants in the spring.
I always have a rush of memories return to me, when I pick up a bottle of fine Australian wine and that is mainly due to the fact that we took special point to book a trip to the Hunter Valley while we were in Sydney years ago. We also made a point of taking an additonal trip to Maui when we were in Hawaii.
I am so glad we did this before having kids and we hope to do these kinds of things with our kids in the future and so much more.
Another nice happy thought....
Today I was reminded how lucky a mom I am when both my girls came up to me at the end of the day after the make-up had come off and told me point blank "Mommy, you are beautiful!" I told each of them that they are beautiful as well and how much their mommy loves them.
No comments:
Post a Comment