There has been a lot of changes in my life since I wrote my last post.
I reconnected with my family...however fate has changed the dynamic of my family.
My brother Ron died suddenly Easter weekend due to heart disease....
My dad passed away just shortly after on May 30.
I really wasn't connected very closely with my brother Ron as he had a lot of personal issues that made it difficult the past few years. I do remember my brother at a different time and that is what I keep in my thoughts. He was so talented and had so much to offer how I wish things were better for him.
My dads passing was the hardest. Most of my life I knew I would lose my parents before a lot of people due to their age and my age.
Going through those days and telling him how I truly felt and how he felt was something I truly treasure. He knew he would never see my kids grow up and it hurt him so and so it hurt me as well. We spent some special times and I am thankful for that. He also told me and my sister that we were beautiful and would hold our hand as we would tell him what was going on in our crazy lives.
When he died the look on his face was so peaceful. When he took his last breath a tear emerged...I like to think that he left this world in love, peace and seeing my brother Ron again.
I am glad you were not alone dad when you left us. When I saw you dad I knew you weren't there anymore. I knew you were in a better place. Every morning I think about you dad.... when I drive past that place you were... I think about you and miss you all the time.
I miss you Dad.......we may not have always seen eye to eye in the past but you will always be my dad and I will always be your baby girl. I love you and was glad I had the chance to tell you so.
No comments:
Post a Comment